I'm the type of "blogger" who randomly expounds upon topics that pop into my head at any given moment. I've put "blogger" in quotes much like I used to put running in quotes. This is because I believe that doing something periodically does not make you a person who does that thing. For example, sometimes I paint; I am NOT a painter. Anyway. Lately I've been lacking when it comes to discussion topics. Long gone are the days of dating blogs, the Bachelor live-blogs (you're welcome, J) and rumination on defining myself. I'm finding myself stuck, for lack of a better term and mostly because I just mentioned painting, with an empty canvas. I decided instead to list the things that are coming up shortly for which I am excited.
- I'm thisclose to running 3 miles. This WILL happen Monday. I would do it this weekend, but I am busy. See next bullet point for that reason.
- I'm going camping! Yes, reader, you read that correctly. I am going camping. I shall be leaving my curling iron and shiny, new jeans* at home (as well as Gizmo - with my neighbor) to go on a 2 day, 1 night excursion into the woods.
- I go "home" for Thanksgivukkah in 6 days! I may live-blog that trip like I did last year. It does make the airport and flying experience more fun...
- Thanksgivukkah in general. This is exciting! My favorite secular holiday and my least favorite religious holiday have smushed themselves into one exciting weekend. Yay for a reason to not dislike Hanukkah this year!!
- Speaking of which, I made [almost] all of my gifts for Thanksgivukkah and I'm tentatively excited - and a little nervous that they won't be received with very high regard - to have the recipients unwrap their packages.
- Before 30 Bucket List Item #1 - Running (no quotes) a 5k. December 14th is the day. I feel confident I will be able to run the entire thing. I have been training religiously. Even in the 94% humidity of Florida "fall" weather.
That's basically all I've got going on right about now. What about you, reader? What things are coming up for which you are excited?
* my jeans aren't actually shiny. They are normal denim material.
**FUN GRAMMAR GAME: What rule about bullets did I consciously break on every bullet point above?