Google+ Followers

Monday, January 13, 2014

Marriage and Televisions (That's What My Weekend Was Made Of)

I don't normally do "My Weekend in Review" for you, but this blog is going to be the exception.

However I'm going to only share the most highlight-y of highlights.  You will not read about the soup I had or the beer I drank or even the live band I saw.  You will not be enthralled in the story of how a book almost made me cry at work.  Instead, I will share with you the only two things you need to know about my "weekend" in quotes because I'm including Monday morning.

I WON A TV!!!  Kind of.
Saturday was my company picnic.  We have a raffle every year.  I was caucused for the 42" television I saw on the list of items donated for the raffle.  Backstory: I own(ed) one TV since I moved to Florida and it is about 26" and it's just sad.  I mean, it's a perfectly good flat screen TV, but it doesn't belong in a living room.  So my department made an agreement that if one of us won the TV, I'd get it because if anyone needs it, it's me.  I would have accepted a Best Buy gift card as a back up.  Well I won a $25 Outback gift card and a $100 Home Depot gift card.  Nicky, however, won the TV.  So we traded.  Because she's an awesome friend.  Plus, I kind of needed that TV...  It's crazy cool.  I now get to watch Netflix directly from my TV rather than on my iPhone.  UPGRADE indeed!

For those of you who are new here, Katy is my roommate/best friend of yesteryear.  Short recap: she was the luck I stumbled into on when I first moved to Florida.  We lived together for 2.5 years.  Fell in love.  Became best friends.  Became family.  She got married last year in a small courthouse deal.  She then gave birth to my pseudo-niece, Piper, and is having a wedding reception in March.  I'm honored and thrilled to be her bridesmaid/Maid of Honor.  I've got the dress, the shoes, and the preliminary plans for the pseudo-bachelorette party DOWN.  I'm super psyched to be able to be part of this step of her life.

That's pretty much all.  I also played kickball and hung out with friends, saw a really good live band and had an awesome happy hour at a wine bar.  Sometimes my life sounds extra exciting!!



  1. Can I come over to your house to watch TV?

    1. Sure! I'm using it as a way to foster friendships and win favoritism.


Blog Archive