Monday, December 30, 2013

It's Not Who You Know, It's What You Know (About Me!)

Hola reader!  It's been a while because I've been so whelmed that I've had nothing to write.  I can't explain it any better than that.  It believe I've missed two posting days and for that I am sorry.  I can't be held accountable for things.  I will just let you down.

In other news, my blogging friend - Chrissy - recently posted a challenge to her readers (of which I am one) to blog 11 things about themselves that others do not yet know and then answer 11 questions she poses.  Then tag 11 people and suggest 11 questions for them to answer.  I'm going to be lazy and only do half of this.
  


11 Things you (I'm certain this is untrue) do not know about me yet:

I don't like peanut butter.  I know all the words to Welcome to Miami by Will Smith.  I make a crazy good peppermint mocha.  I am a really bad jump-rope-er.  My newest fantasy purchase is an espresso maker.  I've never gotten my eyebrows done (waxed, threaded or whatever.)  I love guacamole enough to eat it with a spoon.  I talk to my parents every single day (if possible.) I'm a sucker for a saxophone.  I own one television and it's about 27 inches.  I dislike Coldplay.


Here are [Chrissy's]questions for [me]:
1. Christmas or Halloween? Why?  Christmas.  Jewish or not, the idea of spending time with family is just wonderful and happy.  Lights and trees are gorgeous and it makes me smile.
2. Do you have any compulsive habits? What are they?  I compulsively avoid condensation and getting my hands wet.  I don't know if that counts as a compulsion...
3. What’s the last GREAT book you read?  The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
4. If you could be like any one fictional TV character, who would you want to be? Nancy Botwin.  Minus all the dead husbands...
5. What’s the most embarrassing movie in your VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital files collection?  Mod Squad.  That movie is horrific and I still have it.  It's just so bad!
6. What inspires you? I'm inspired by people around me every single day.  There are people in my life who possess skills that I have to work exceptionally hard to have and they inspire me to try harder and be a better person.
7. What is the most exotic food you’ve ever eaten?  I've had octopus, and every possible shellfish - though I'm not sure that's exotic.  I have and will eat just about anything as long as I don't know what I'm eating.  :)
8. Best present that you’ve ever given or received?  Love.  Tangibly though, I'm most proud of the football I got signed for an ex.  I always appreciate the trips home my parents give me for the holidays.  That's always the best gift.  Always.
9. You’re stranded on a desert island. You can’t choose any items or people to bring with you. What 5 things do you gather first? Wait, I CAN'T choose items?  So what does this question mean?  I'm going to assume Chrissy meant what 5 items would I want to have with me: a tactical knife, a water purifying straw, flint or a way to make fire, a blanket and shoes
10. What would you put into a snack pack for a several-hour road trip?  Water, almonds and an apple
11. Do you prefer pantyhose or bare legs? bare legs.  ALWAYS. 



Maybe you learned something about me.  Maybe I just wasted your time.  Either way.... happy Monday.


End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive