Monday, September 23, 2013

Likes: Candle-lit Brunches; Dislikes: Marathons

Every once in a while, I think it is a good thing to shake it up a bit.  Do something different.  Do something you're not sure if you're going to like doing.  Do something you may not be good at.  I think this is essential to life, yet I'm quite the creature of habit and I rarely jump at the opportunity to remove myself from my comfort zone of activities.  Saturday morning I did something new.

I went Garage-Sale-ing.

I filled my car up with gas, got some cash and scooped up a friend to drive around for a couple hours.  We made quick last minute turns down side streets with neon and magic marker signs in an attempt to make someones old things become our new things.  It was mostly fruitless, but I did find a set of two 12 x 16 mirrors with window-style panes for $5.  Total.  I own those now.  I've already put them up in my house and I am in love with someones old crap.

So in the spirit of trying new things and doing different things, I thought I'd take inventory of things I want to try and things I do not like or want to do.  I suppose this portion is self-serving and possibly boring for you to read since it'll be much like a to-do list, but whatever... you chose to keep reading after the jump which is your problem, not mine.  Sucker.

Things I want to do:
go camping; hike the grand canyon or havasu falls; go to universal studios and ride 1 roller coaster; sing in a wedding band; go to a black and white (formal) party; take a trip somewhere cool by myself with no plans, just money; change the look of my room again; have Sergio (my bike) painted and fender-ed.

Things I don't want to do:
run; wake up early on weekends; listen to Mariah Carey songs that were released after Always Be My Baby; go SCUBA diving.

What do you want to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive