Friday, October 11, 2013

Bonus Blog: It's The Freakin' Weekend (or ITFdubs)

Surprise!  I have more to say this week...so you win a bonus blog.  This morning I realized that my weekend is peeking around the corner (the 9 hour workday corner, that is) and for the first time in a little while, I'm not overwhelmed with plans.  I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be "whelmed?"

Not a bad view, huh?



I should let you in on a little secret about my weekends.  I spend the entire time walking a tightrope of desires.  I find myself wishing for lots of free time, but then when I have free time, I find myself trying to fill it with plans: Friends I haven't seen in a few days, going to BBQs, birthdays, etc.  My weekend either looks W I D E  O P E N and then I end up filling it with plans the day-of, OR it looks [jampacked] and I find myself secretly breaking plans to spend more time by myself.  If you were at all wondering what my astrological sign is and if I embody anything from that, you shouldn't be surprised to learn I am a Gemini.

This weekend's HARD plans:

  • Sunday get-together
  • End.

Things I've apparently decided I should do with my weekend:
  • Continue to "run"
  • Go for a bike ride, maybe...
  • Read books poolside since the weather is projected to be perfect
  • Puppy play date (which will include the puppies' owners drinking, I'm certain
  • CLEAN the house
  • Do some grocery shopping and some serious "fall" cooking

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive